The Desire to Serve
The Namozine Volunteer Fire & EMS Company 4, known as Station 4, is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that has proudly served the residents of the northern part of Dinwiddie County since 1957. (Read more about our history.) Our diverse department is made up of individuals who have retired from their careers, young adults who proudly volunteer their time, working professionals and tradesmen. These men and women provide 24 hours – 7 days a week fire protection and emergency medical services to the northern part and county at large.
The Courage to Act
The department serves a first-due geographical area of approximately 130 square miles with a population of 11,600. This suburban area is comprised of 4400 households and 175 businesses. Our first due area is home to several large industries and distribution centers to include Gerdau Ameri-steel, Vulcan Materials, Dominion Power, Tindall Concrete, Wal-Mart, Aldi, and Amazon Distribution Centers, Virginia Motorsports Park, and Dinwiddie County Airport. We have several main thoroughfares to include Interstate 85, Highway 460, Route 1, CSX and Norfolk Southern Railroad lines.
The Ability to Perform
Our firehouse is located at 3913 Pelham Avenue which is located off of Lee Boulevard in the Edgehill area of the northern part of the county. The station houses an engine, tanker, ladder truck, brush truck, EMS quick response vehicle, two ambulances (one career staffed), and a support/command vehicle.
Station 4 currently has 30 Firefighters/EMT’s, 8 administrative/support members, 8 career EMS staff employed by Dinwiddie County.